Marvelous Minutia 2010. Powered by Blogger.

Hope

 
There are unexpected little things that each of us encounters every day, little things that have the ability to block out all negativity, little things that have the power to make us feel, if we only take the time to notice them that is.
 
Every weekday for me starts out basically the same, wakeup, shower, take my daughter to the bus stop, drive to work and finally start my work day.  Today was different however; I encountered one of those little things.  Several months ago I stumbled upon a sticker.  Truth be told, I am not sure where I found it or how it is that I came to posses it.  It is green in color, soft to the touch, in the shape of a heart and has the word “hope” on it.  In hind sight, I do remember peeling the paper off the back and sticking it on a mostly unseen part of my desk in my office at work.  Months have passed since then and the sticker, for the most part, has gone unnoticed, until today.  Today, for whatever reason, my attention was drawn to the sticker immediately snapping me out of my routine.  A smile crept across my face as I ran my finger around the edge of the heart. 
 
Hope is a wonderful thing.  In fact it is one of the greatest tools in the optimist’s satchel.   Hope gives us the power to push through our darkest hour and keep sadness at bay.  Hope is the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel.   In a life filled with so many uncertainties, hope allows us, no matter the situation or the level of despair, to believe that circumstances in the future will be better.   In my humble opinion, hope is one of the greatest gifts mankind has ever been given.
 
Embarking upon Christmas and a new year, it is my sincere hope that, no matter what your current circumstances are, hope finds you and guides you to a better tomorrow.  Merry Christmas to you and yours. 
 
They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world. Someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.
-Tom Bodett

5 comments:

Optimal Optimist said...

Hey Ryan! Awesome post today...glad you found the "hope" in your day -and I agree that "it is one of the greatest tools in the optimist's satchel"!

Hope you and your family have a happy holiday! :D

-Vanessa from Optimal Optimist

Ryan said...

Thanks Vanessa for stopping by regularly. I appreciate it.

Merry Christmas to you too.

MikeB said...

Nice thoughts. But, if wishing (and hoping) only made it so . . .

But,
When hope is gone, there is no better way
To then accept the truth and rule one's day.

MikeB said...

Ryan --

A happy and prosperous new year to you and your famly. And I hope you have some great times fishing.

I began following your blog recently. Today, I read your About Me profile for the first time. Your last sentence about helping people find the joy in little things is a marvelous sentiment. Your posts have stirred me and have thus contributed to your goal.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post...I felt quite moved by it! And a beautiful quote from Tom Bodett...

You may count your mission as accomplished over here at Gidday From The UK

http://giddayfromtheuk.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Marvelous Minutia
Design by BloggerThemes